Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cheap Playstation 3





The Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) console was expected to have a price drop at some point, everyone’s looking to buy a cheap PS3, but who would have thought you would be seeing the PS3 console dropping in price from the UK launch price of £425 to a cheap bargain starting price for Sony PS3 console bundles at around £300 just 6 months later!The reasons I suspect for this will be the comparatively high cost of the Sony PS3 console since it’s launch in comparison to it’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii console rivals which are both outselling it. The reported sales of the PS3 console in the UK and how they fell since the launch week was something that was discussed here on the Zath Forums - I think it was because the launch price was anything but cheap!

Now I’m quite happy with my cheap Xbox 360 console for the time being (well I’m finding it tough enough to get time to play on that as well as my PC as well as everything else going on in my life), but at this cheap price even I’m considering it, if only to buy it as the cheapest option of getting a Blu-Ray High Definition movie disc player given that Blu-Ray won the format war!

Tempting, very tempting indeed at these relatively cheap prices! How much better is the Blu-Ray disc playing in comparison to cheaper up-scaled DVDs option on your High Definition TVs? Would you recommend getting a cheap PS3 console just to play your movies?

Recently Sony released new versions of their console which feature larger hard disks - PS3 80GB and PS3 160GB.

Has it become cheap enough in price for you to buy one?

No comments:

Post a Comment